Sunday, June 20, 2010

Decision and Action

Quote
“Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work.”
- H.L. Hunt

My Thoughts
It can be very difficult to make decisions, but it's even tougher to take action on those decisions.
We have all heard many people say things like:
I'll get to work on this new business plan.
I'll start going to the gym this week.
I'll practice for this important interview.
etc...

The interesting thing is how many people never follow through. There are numerous reasons for this, however I believe the biggest reason is simply that they don't want it strong enough. There is no emotion in back of what they are doing, or not a big enough why.

If you find yourself struggling with some task, ask yourself things like:
Why am I doing this?
Is this what I really want?
What will be the outcome if I complete this?
How will I feel once I finish this?

If you find yourself coming up with negative responses to those questions, perhaps it's time to reevaluate your situation. Maybe it's time to make a decision to change something.
After deciding it's time for change the next step is you need to act.
Don't wait long before acting, or you will find yourself in a cycle of self doubt.
Once this cycle occurs it is very difficult to overcome.
Remember, if you really want to change something in your life, DECIDE to do it and then ACT.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment