Monday, November 21, 2011

Facing Challenges

News
No new updates for this week.

Quote
"If only you could see the whole picture, if you knew the whole story, you would realize that no problem ever comes to you that does not have a purpose in your life, that cannot contribute to your inner growth. When you perceive this, you will recognize that problems are opportunities in disguise. If you did not face problems, you would just drift through life. It is through solving problems in accordance with the highest light we have that inner growth is attained."
-Peace Pilgrim

My Thoughts
Life sometimes throws unexpected challenges your way. No matter how much we try to control what happens to us, ultimately we can not. The only thing we can control is our reaction to the situation.

In my own life I have faced numerous challenges and most of them I didn't expect. I have dealt with my mother's death, my father attempting suicide, being robbed, injuries, almost bankrupt, etc.. In that moment sometimes life can seem overwhelming, but through every challenge I have faced up until now, I have learned something...usually numerous things.

People often try to plan every little detail about the future. Even six months ago I could have never predicted what my life would be like now. I am not suggesting that you shouldn't plan or have an idea regarding your future, but be careful getting too attached to that one particular path.

So, when life presents you with challenges realize that they are opportunities to grow. You may not fully learn the lesson right away, it could come to you months later. Also, do your best to stay in the present moment. Life happens now but most people miss it because of fears and worries.

Have an awesome week.

No comments:

Post a Comment