Monday, December 5, 2011

Uncertainty

News
No new updates for this week.

Quote
“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
Delicious Ambiguity.”
-Gilda Radner

My Thoughts
Have you ever tried something over and over again and no matter what you do it doesn't work? It may feel like you are banging your head against the wall. It can happen in any or all areas of your life: relationships, finances, education, work, etc...

Sometimes life doesn't cooperate like we want. It doesn't always work out according to our plan. We think we may have something figured out and life surprises us. I've learned that having a vision of the future with goals is great, but being able to adjust to the flow of life is also essential. I recently have experienced some huge changes in my life which I'll write about in detail sometime in the future.

How can you handle the uncertainties that pop up in life?

I know I've said this before, but meditation. This is what has helped me tremendously. Just sitting there alone with your thoughts and feelings can help you become more aware. Eventually with practice you will be able to become more present. If you are more present you have less fear. With less fear comes more clarity.

It doesn't really matter if you sit for five minutes, ten minutes, or one hour. Especially in the beginning, just spending some time meditating everyday will help you develop it into a habit.

I encourage everyone this week to spend a few minutes each day meditating.

Have an excellent week.

No comments:

Post a Comment