Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fearing Death

News
There is still space available for the Self-Image Workshop on Saturday, April 7th. It will be from 11:30am - 1:00pm at The Wolfhound Pub in Itaewon.

This will be the last workshop that I will be conducting this year in Korea. I have had some changes in my life recently and I will have to leave Korea for some period of time (more on that in a future message).

We have ten people paid and attending so far so it is a great way to meet people that are making positive changes in their lives.
For those that have said they are going but have not paid yet, remember the discount ends tomorrow night (the 26th)
If you pay by Monday evening the fee for the workshop is only 10,000 won. If you wait, the fee will be 20,000 won. If you pay the day of the event it is 25,000 won.

You can transfer the money here:
Robert Taylor
KEB
620-198536-520

If you have problems with transferring money, please let me know.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me: bob@oneamazinglife.com

Quote
"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything -- all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure -- these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. ... Stay hungry. Stay foolish."
-Steve Jobs

My Thoughts
Sometimes we get caught up in thinking we have all the time in the world so this can lead us to put off making decisions. We also tend to worry about what others think of us, and we fear failing. All of these things slow down our decision making ability.

We will all die. That is the only real guarantee in life. It's not something to be sad about. Once you embrace death and realize that your time here is finite it can help you see what really matters most. Once you know what really matters most then it becomes much easier to make decisions.

I lost my Mom when I was 13 years old. It completely shattered my worldview at the time. The biggest lesson that I learned from that was time is limited so don't waste it. If you know what you want in life, go and pursue it.

I have tried my best to follow this over the last twenty years. It hasn't always been easy, but it has provided me with much meaning.

I encourage all of you that are putting off making big decisions to really look inside and see what is preventing you from making those decisions.

Have an amazing week.

No comments:

Post a Comment