Sunday, January 10, 2010

Persistence

Here is an excellent quote:
"The most essential factor is persistence - the determination never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened by the discouragement that must inevitably come."
-James Whitcomb Riley

My Thoughts
I know I have talked about persistence a few times before, however I think this is one of the most important factors (if not the most important) related to achieving whatever it is that we are seeking.

I really want to focus on the end of Riley's quote though. He mentions discouragement. As we go for our goal(s), especially the big ones, we will be met with obstacles, and oftentimes disappointing results.

I see these as tests. How much do we really want what we are going after? If we want something strong enough, we will not let anything stand in our way. We will overcome even the biggest challenges.

I encourage all of you to remember this when you come face to face with an obstacle, or a result that you were not consciously expecting. Ask yourself is this what I really want? If yes, ask yourself how much do I want it?

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment