Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Workout Updates

As many of you know, I pulled my lower back muscle a few weeks back. It is slowly getting better, I managed to do light deadlifts today. I also still have nagging shoulder pain, possibly my AC joint. This will be taken care of with acupuncture over the next few weeks.

I am also following a slow negative routine at the moment.
Basically this involves doing around four second negatives and quick positives.
I have obviously lowered the amount of weight I am doing with every exercise.
I am starting to like these because the mind muscle connection is great.
It also allows me to really focus on form again.

My current one rep maxes are (in pounds):
Flat Barbell Bench Press: 315 <---actually I couldn't lock it out but almost
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 275
Squat (all the way to the floor): 315
Deadlift: 495

My goals to hit by 6/30/10 were:
Flat Barbell Bench Press: 345
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 295
Squat (all the way to the floor): 365
Deadlift: 550

However, I am rethinking these because for at least the next two months I'll be doing this slow negative routine.

I also wanted to be at 240 lbs before I started cutting again at the end of April. We will see where this goes, I am currently sitting at 222lbs.

If any of you are looking for a challenge I highly recommend following a slow negative routine for two months. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment