Sunday, November 14, 2010

Doing What You Love

I hope you had a great weekend.

News
Mark your calendars for the afternoon of Sunday, November 28th. One Amazing Life will be having a workshop that you won't want to miss. More details soon.

Quote
"I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate."
-George Burns

My Thoughts
Did you ever notice that when you do something you dislike only five minutes pass and it feels like an hour? You wonder if it will ever end. Yet when you do something you love hours pass and it feels like it has only been five minutes. You may wonder where the time went.

When you do something you love it doesn't feel like work. It is easier to finish what you start. Why? Because it is a part of who you are. You are actually not doing something you are being it. But when you are doing something that you don't love it becomes very difficult to finish tasks. It may take you days to accomplish something that realistically could have been done in hours. Others may say you are lazy, but oftentimes laziness is not the root cause, it's a lack of passion.

This is why it is so important to figure out what your passion is and then begin to take action on moving in that direction. The fascinating thing is many people deep down inside know what they are passionate about, however they have repressed that passion for so long it may take some digging to find.

So I encourage all of you to spend some time this week searching for your passion. If you know it, or once you find it, ask yourself some questions:
"What is holding me back from pursuing this?"
"What is preventing me from doing what I truly love?"
"What would my life be like if actually did what I love?"
"What step(s) could I take now to move me in the direction of this passion?"

Be honest with yourself, you may be surprised at what you find.

I hope you have an awesome week.

No comments:

Post a Comment