Sunday, June 5, 2011

Taking Action

News
We will be having a Mastermind course in Korean starting Saturday, June 11th.
The sessions are from 1:30pm - 3:30pm and will last for five weeks.

For more information on the course, please visit:
http://cafe.naver.com/oneamazinglife

If you, or anyone you know, may be interested in this please email: sunghee@oneamazinglife.com

Quote
"You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water."
-Rabindranath Tagore

My Thoughts
It's great to visualize what it is that you want to be/do/have in your life. It's great to write your goals down and read them out loud twice daily. However, if you don't take action then both of those exercises are fairly useless.

Back in early January before I started dropping in on CEOs and cold calling companies I made up a sales pitch. I practiced it a bunch of times and rewrote it a few more times. Then I went out and tried it out. You know what? It didn't work very well. After about two weeks I changed it around a bit and finally I had it to where it wasn't even really a pitch; it was more of a conversation. It worked extremely well.

The point is I had to go through the planning stage and the reevaluating stage (in those two weeks there were some embarrassing situations/upset people) in order to find the sales technique that worked.

How can you use this in your life?

Assuming you know what you want, then I recommend that you sit down and write out three action steps that you can take this week to move you closer to your goal. Ideally, those steps would be proactive in nature (ex: meeting someone, calling someone, etc...). If you can't think of any proactive steps right now then your action steps could be related to research or reading.

Finally if you know what you want, then I highly recommend you read 'Think and Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill and implement the steps in the book. If you have already read it, then I suggest you read it again.

Have an excellent week.

No comments:

Post a Comment