Monday, September 26, 2011

Let it Be

News
No new updates for this week.

Quote
"Let it be."
-The Beatles

My Thoughts
Those three words are perhaps probably the hardest to live by. It can be very difficult in times of struggle and heartache to just let it be. And yet the struggles we go through are what we need to become stronger and wiser. They shape us.

In the midst of struggling it can be very hard to accept that this what is needed for our growth. Many people may not want to learn the lesson from that struggle at that moment in time so they turn away and try to find something to ease their pain. Of course in coaching, we would say something like stop using the word struggle and replace it with something positive like growth opportunity. And that is sound advice for most of life's challenges. But what about when something hurts so deep it cuts through to the core of your being? Simply trying to rephrase it as a growth opportunity is not so easy.

For example: When my Mom died at 13 it changed my world view and I felt very lost for some time. Trying to shift perception from struggle to opportunity would have been incredibly difficult in the few days following her death. Not impossible of course just difficult. Just letting it be, letting time go by helped. It eventually made me stronger and helped me deal with the numerous challenges I faced as I grew older.

For all of you struggling with life's challenges at the moment, I suggest you do your best to let it be. Eventually you will see light at the end of the tunnel. Later you will realize it was beneficial for your growth and be grateful for it.

Have an outstanding week.

No comments:

Post a Comment