Monday, October 3, 2011

The Way You See Things

News
I've received numerous emails recently of people in search of coaching. Unfortunately some of them live too far away to meet in person, or they can not meet due to scheduling conflicts.

The solution for this situation is to use our packaged coaching programs. These programs are based on Bob Proctor's 50 years of research and work coaching people all over the world.

The great news is because of the numerous emails I've decided to offer the programs at a discounted rate in October. All of our packaged programs are discounted 50% for the month of October.

You can visit www.oneamazinglife.com to view more information on each program.

Please contact me at bob@oneamazinglife.com if you have any questions.

Quote
"It all depends on how we look at things, and not how they are in themselves."
-Carl Jung

My Thoughts
Many people tend to look at the world in black and white, or right and wrong. There are at least two problems with this way of thinking:
1. It can put you into a box so you don't see opportunities.
2. It can lead you to judge others.

I discussed judgments a few weeks ago, so I'll share a story about opportunities.

When I was 16 years old everyone assumed that I would go to college and find a "good" job. I would work at the "good" job, get married, have kids, and retire.
I decided to not go that route.
I ended up joining the Army at 18, got out after five years, worked as a defense contractor for six years, and then started this business about three years ago.

Had I taken the traditional route I seriously doubt I would have lived in Korea. I doubt I would have done some of the interesting work I did while in the Army and as a defense contractor. I also don't think I would have found my passion as early.

By not following the traditional route, I was able to:
- Live in Korea for 11 years so far.
- Earn a 6-figure salary by the time I was 25.
- Work on special government projects.
- Start a business.
- Find my passion <---the most important thing

Usually, most people think I have to go to university. Then I have to go to graduate school. Then I have to go work for a large company. Then I have to get married. etc... The thing is when you only think in that one way, you don't see other opportunities that are around you.

When I was deciding what I would do after high school, I rejected the notion that I must go to university. Instead I asked "What other options are available?". I did the same when I decided to finish up my time in the Army. And many of you know the story of how I ended up becoming a personal development coach and starting my own business.

Don't get me wrong I am not suggesting that the traditional path is wrong. I am just saying that is not for everyone nor should it be forced upon someone.

I encourage you to see where your views are rigid and see if you can start opening them up a bit.

Have an awesome week.

No comments:

Post a Comment