Sunday, October 9, 2011

Buying Salt

News
All of our packaged coaching programs are still discounted at 50% until the end of October.

All of the programs are great, but the one that completely changed my life was a program called 'Success Puzzle'. It allowed me to become much more aware of my thoughts and emotions. It is the reason I started meditating and the reason I made a trip to India. It ultimately allowed me to let go of many judgments and to start seeing people as they truly are. I would highly recommend the program to anyone.

For more information please email me at: bob@oneamazinglife.com

I decided to share a story I found with you this week.

Story
Nixivan had invited his friends to supper and was cooking a succulent piece of meat for them. Suddenly, he realised that he had run out of salt. So Nixivan called to his son.

‘Go to the village and buy some salt, but pay a fair price for it: neither too much nor too little.’

His son was surprised.

‘I can understand why I shouldn’t pay too much for it, Father, but if I can bargain them down, why not save a bit of money?’

‘That would be the sensible thing to do in a big city, but it could destroy a small village like ours.’


When Nixivan’s guests, who had overheard their conversation, wanted to know why they should not buy salt more cheaply if they could, Nixivan replied:
‘The only reason a man would sell salt more cheaply than usual would be because he was desperate for money. And anyone who took advantage of that situation would be showing a lack of respect for the sweat and struggle of the man who laboured to produce it.’

‘But such a small thing couldn’t possibly destroy a village.’

‘In the beginning, there was only a small amount of injustice abroad in the world, but everyone who came afterwards added their portion, always thinking that it was only very small and unimportant, and look where we have ended up today.’


Have an awesome week.

No comments:

Post a Comment