Monday, April 18, 2011

Doing

News
There are still some seats available for the Mastermind course based on the classic book 'Think and Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill.

We start this Wednesday at 7pm.

If you are thinking about joining the course, here are some questions that you may find helpful:

1. Are you completely satisfied with everything in your life?
If the answer is no, continue to question 2. If the answer is yes, then you can stop reading.

2. Have you made a serious attempt at changing whatever you are not satisfied about?
If the answer is no, continue to question 3. If the answer is yes, then you can stop reading.

3. Would you be interested in a group that could help you start creating the life you would love to live?
If the answer is yes, continue to question 4. If the answer is no, then you can stop reading.

4. Why haven't you joined the Mastermind course?

To reserve your seat, please email: bob@oneamazinglife.com


Quote
“I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.”
-Leonardo da Vinci

My Thoughts
How many books on average do you read a year? How many of those are non-fiction? How many of those give advice? How often do you act on that advice?

As for me, I generally read one book a week. Now of course this varies greatly depending on the book. Right now I am working my way through the Bhagavad-Gita. I've been reading it for the past month or so. Almost all of the books that I read these days are non-fiction. Not that there is anything wrong with a great fiction book, but due to my chosen profession I want (and need) to read a lot of non-fiction. To the best of my ability I apply the things I read.

I hope this story illustrates the point better.

Many people often ask me why I became a coach. It's a great question and the short answer is that I wanted to somehow help people. But that doesn't really hit the point home.

Back in 2008 I had stumbled across the book 'Think and Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill. As I read the book I was stunned. Why? Because I had used the principles in the book my whole life without really knowing it. I had gone from being dead broke in 2003 to earning 150 million won a year in just three years by using those principles. I had gone from a horribly skinny man at 130lbs (59kgs) to a healthy 220lbs (100kgs) by using those principles. So I knew they worked.

I wanted to share the principles in 'Think and Grow Rich' with the world, but I didn't think anyone would listen. About a month or so later, I was watching a DVD with Bob Proctor speaking at an event in Canada. As he was talking he pulled out a copy of 'Think and Grow Rich' and explained how he read the book everyday since the early 1960's. At that moment I realized I needed to talk to Bob Proctor.

I got in touch with him and found out about getting certified as a coach. It was a massive time and money commitment. However, intuitively I knew it was the right choice to make so I went with it. Then in 2009 I had another decision to make. Do I stay with the comfort, safety, and security of my previous job, or do I risk everything and pursue my dream? Well I already knew the answer, so the choice was simple. Of course I risked everything.

Has it been easy? Not at all. The past two years of my life have been the most challenging I have ever experienced. But I learned more than I could have ever imagined in that time, and I've grown tremendously. I wouldn't change a thing.

This week I challenge all of you to jump the knowing-doing gap. Do the thing you know you want to do. Step outside your comfort zone and challenge yourself.

Have an amazing week.


No comments:

Post a Comment