Monday, January 16, 2012

Decision Making

News
I've had many inquires about when I'll be doing another workshop or group coaching session. Due to my work with corporate clients I haven't been able to provide an accurate answer until now.

Well I have great news, the next workshop will be:

What: 2012: A New Beginning
When: Saturday, January 28th 11am-1pm
Where: The Wolfhound Pub, Itaewon www.wolfhoundpub.com
Price*: 15,000 won (if you pay by the 23rd)
30,000 won (if you pay after the 23rd)

Are you feeling like something's missing?
Are you tired of your current situation?
Do you find yourself feeling bored?
Do you wish that you were doing something that you love?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, I strongly suggest you consider attending this workshop.

This workshop will focus on setting and achieving whatever it is you desire. I will also discuss ways to deal with failure, uncertainty, and feeling lost.

I'll be sharing part of my story with you. I went from being completely broke to earning over 10 million won a month in two years. I walked away from that career to pursue my dream.

I'll share with you:
-How I went from being broke to earning over 10 million won a month.
-How I found my passion.
-Why I decided to leave a very comfortable career to pursue my dream.
-What struggles I have faced and lessons I've learned since pursuing my dream three years ago.
-How I handle challenges that seem to come up when you least expect them.

What you can expect to take away from this workshop:
-How to set and achieve any goal that you desire.
-Greater clarity on what you desire.
-How to deal with setbacks and challenges.
-A much deeper understanding of why many people fail to achieve their dreams.

I think another huge benefit of attending an event like this is that you get to meet like-minded people interested in getting more out of life.

As a bonus the first three people that register will get a free 30 minute one-on-one coaching session.

I will be available after the conclusion of the workshop to answer any questions.

*Because the owners of The Wolfhound were gracious enough to allow us to use their space participants should purchase at least one drink or food item.*

To register for the workshop, or if you have any questions, please email me:
bob@oneamazinglife.com

To find out more information on One Amazing Life, please check out: www.oneamazinglife.com

Quote
"Decisiveness is a characteristic of high-performing men and women. Almost any decision is better than no decision at all."
- Brian Tracy

My Thoughts
I believe the ability to make decisions quickly is critical to success. Unfortunately many people lack this skill. I also used to be very slow at making decisions. I wanted to analyze every angle because I thought this would allow me to make a better decision. Of course in the time I spent analyzing someone else would make a decision and the opportunity would go to them. One day I decided I would enhance my decision making skills. I just started decided on small things first and then that naturally progressed into the bigger decisions.

For example:
Friends, coworkers, family often ask: "What do you want for lunch/dinner?". This seems like a very simple question, but often it gets dragged out into a long discussion. I decided that I would just state what first came into my mind. I wasn't really attached to whether we ate that or not, but it allowed me to decide what I felt like eating quickly. I then carried this over to other things like doing the dishes or laundry. If I saw dishes or laundry that needed to be done, I decided to do them. This also had another benefit of getting rid of procrastination.

I've found that their doesn't seem to be much more danger in quick decisions than long drawn out decisions. As a matter of fact, I think that more opportunities lie in quick decisions, and people that are seen as decision makers usually rise to the top in their fields.

So the great news is that if you are lacking in the decision making area you can develop this skill like any other habit.

I encourage you this week to start making quicker decisions.

Have a phenomenal week.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment