Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

I hope that it is off to a great start.

News
No new updates for this week.

Quote
“Another fresh new year is here . . .
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!

This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest . . .
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!

I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!”
-William Arthur Ward

My Thoughts
I like to spend some time reflecting on New Year's eve or day about the year that has passed and the year that is coming.

What have I learned? Where have I grown? What areas of my life could use some work? What is my intention for this year?

I also take time to forgive myself (or at least try to). Could I grow in more areas, or could I have handled situations differently? Of course.
But it's very important to remember that you did your best at the time. Try to learn the lesson that life is giving and move on, there is no need to constantly beat yourself up over the past.
Similarly, worrying about the future is a futile activity. Generally speaking the vast majority of our fears and worries will never come to pass. And even if some of them do, you can't really do anything about them now.

I set my intention for the year and try to use that as my guidepost. Personally, I like to have an overall intention and set intentions in multiple areas of my life (business, finance, education, etc...) and I use them as guideposts as well.

Remember though, sometimes we get too focused on goals and we lose sight of what's most important. This is why I like to use them as markers and if for some reason I should miss that mark, I evaluate what happened.

I really have learned that life is about the journey not the destination.

I wish you all the best in 2012.

Have an amazing week.

No comments:

Post a Comment