Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Being Prepared

News
No new updates for this week.

Quote
“It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.”
-J.R.R. Tolkien

My Thoughts
This week I'd like to discuss something slightly different from what I usually talk about.

As some of you know, in my previous career I was an intelligence analyst for 11 years. Five of those years I spent as a military analyst, and the other six were spent on other types of analysis and collection.
During my five years as a military analyst my main area of focus was North Korea and I was an expert in North Korean special operations forces.

Why am I telling you this?

Well, it would appear the situation in Korea is growing more serious. Of course, I no longer have access to intelligence reports but I can do what is called open source intelligence (OSINT) analysis. Based on that analysis I believe the situation is quite dangerous, with a significant possibility of something small (relative to full war) to happen within the next few weeks. That something small has the potential to escalate rather quickly into a full scale conflict.

I am not saying this to scare anyone but just to keep you informed.

Many people think that the government and/or embassies will be able to fully protect them or that there will be some evacuation order issued far in advance of any conflict. It would be a huge error in judgment to believe this will happen.

I encourage all of you to make your own plans to evacuate in case of an emergency.
Here is what I recommend:

-Pack a bag with at least 4 liters of water, chocolate, spam/tuna, maybe crackers, essential documents, a few clothing items, baby wipes, toothbrush & toothpaste (perhaps a razor and shaving cream), lighters, flashlight, and a knife.

-Have cash readily available. I recommend at least 100,000 won but more would be better.

-Have a designated meeting point with friends and/or family. Don't expect the cell network to work.

-Head south.

-If it has escalated into a full scale war, avoid the Yongsan army base area , the Ministry of National Defense, the Blue House, Osan and Kunsan air bases.
Use the undergorund tunnels of the subway to move south.
The military and/or civil defense personnel may direct you where to go.

Again I don't want to scare anyone and I hope none of this will be necessary, but I think it's best to be prepared.

1 comment:

  1. How to have your husband back home with your kids again

    I'm a lady with 2 kids. I am from Houston Texas, my husband left me and my 2 kids for about 10 months. I went through a lot of pain. I did all I could to make him return to me and to my kids but nothing worked out. It was really a stressful period for me because I could not go through the heartbreak. I was told to get a love spell doctor to help me out, which I did . I was lucky to get DR.OKOYE Contact who was able to help me out, he cast a love spell that brought back my husband to me and to my kids thanks so much DR. OKOYE I really appreciate what you have done for me. Here is his contact if you may require it by solving your relationship email. okoyespiritemple@gmail.com call whatsapp +2348109476757

    ReplyDelete