Sunday, February 21, 2010

Optimism

Quote
“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”
-Winston Churchill

My Thoughts
What Churchill is talking about here is perception. If you perceive the world as a dark and dreary place, then it will be. If you perceive the world as a bright and beautiful place, then it will be. It is really all about what you focus on.

A word of caution here: I believe there is such a thing as too much optimism. An example would be someone that is so optimistic they feel they don't have to do anything. It may sound something like this: "I know everything will be fine in the end, so I don't have to try.".

If you find yourself trapped inside the box of pessimism, I would like you to become more aware of your thoughts. Also, ask yourself where are these thoughts coming from (news, other people, etc...). Another thing that I encourage all of you to do is write down at least three things that you are grateful for every day. Once you finish writing them down, read them out loud. Both of these will help you start to change your perception.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment