Sunday, March 6, 2011

Responsibility

News
There are only two spots left for Bob Proctor's Success Puzzle coaching program starting this Saturday March 12th at 1:00pm.

I have received many questions regarding this coaching program so I'll answer the two most common questions here.

What areas does Success Puzzle cover?
-What does success mean to you?
-What obstacles have held you back in the past? What do you think is holding you back now?
-How have you made decisions in the past? How are you currently making decisions?
-How have you set and prioritized goals?
-What would your ideal life look like?
-Have you made an attempt to balance your life? If so, how?
-What fears do you have?
-etc...

We go over different coaching techniques for dealing with the above questions. Some of the best things about group coaching are that you also get to hear others' stories, you get to see each other grow, and of course it helps keep you committed to your own future.

Will you be offering this program again soon?
I will not be offering Success Puzzle again this year.

As I said this is the program that completely changed my life. I highly recommend this program as an investment towards your future.

Dates: Saturday, March 12th - Saturday, April 30th
Time: 1:00-3:00pm
Number of Sessions: 8

For more information please email: bob@oneamazinglife.com

Quote
"You are the only problem you will ever have and you are the only solution. Change is inevitable, personal growth is always a personal decision."
-Bob Proctor

Thoughts
This quote reminds us to take responsibility for our thoughts and our actions. I know that oftentimes it is so much easier to blame other people for our problems but that doesn't help solve those problems.

I'll use a personal story to help illustrate this point. Many of you have heard the story of my younger brother. He has spent most of his adult life in prison. Most people that know us often ask how could we be so different. That is a great question. So what's the answer?

Well the short answer is one of us took responsibility for our future and one didn't. But that doesn't quite explain everything. So let's go deeper.

Our mother died of brain cancer when I was 13 and my brother was 9. She had been diagnosed with breast cancer when I was around 10 and she beat it, but it came back a short while later as brain cancer. So my brother and I both saw her suffer for two years until she passed away.

Life went on. Our father remarried less than a year after our mother died. We moved into the house where my stepmother lived. Not the best area of Philadelphia. There was a lot of gang violence in that neighborhood and I had my share of fights, getting robbed, etc..
One of the big turning points for me and my brother came when I was about 15 and he was 11. I never ended up joining a gang and he did.

I left Philadelphia when I was 18. I went off and joined the military for five years working as an intelligence analyst and after I got out I worked for six years an intelligence analyst for a private company. For the past two years I have run my own coaching business. My brother ended up in his first juvenile detention center before he turned 15 years old. He ended up going to his first real prison at 18.

To this day my brother still blames my father and stepmother for everything that has happened to him. Interestingly I could have gone down that same path. There were numerous opportunities to join in the insanity that was all around me. But for one reason or another I decided my future was up to me and I left.

Recently my brother just had his face smashed in by rival gang members outside of the house where I grew up. They hit him with a small club repeatedly in the face. He has a broken orbital bone, broken nose and lost almost all his teeth. They left him to die but somehow he managed to come to and make it to a hospital. I am sure my brother and/or his friends will retaliate for the attack and the circle of violence will continue.

Am I any better than my brother? No, of course not. I suppose the only thing you could say is that I am more aware than him. This awareness has led me to make different choices.

The point of all this is that at some point you have to stop and take responsibility for your life. You have to stop blaming your boss, your coworkers, your girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife, your parents/siblings, the government, etc... Once you've identified problems (or perceived problems) ask yourself "What can I do about these problems(legally)?", "What action can I take?". Whatever answer(s) you receive you must act on.

Have an excellent week.





No comments:

Post a Comment