Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Liberation Day

Hello Everyone,

Happy Liberation Day Korea!

I hope that your week is going well.

News
No new updates for this week.

Instead of sharing a quote and my thoughts this week, I wanted to share a poem with you written by a very famous Korean poet:

SELF PORTRAIT
by Yun, Dong-ju

Coming round the mountain, I go up alone to 
the solitary well at the edge of the rice field 
and peer in, quietly.

Inside the well, the moon is bright, the clouds flow by, 
the sky spreads out, and a light blue wind blows; 
autumn is there.

And a man is there. 
I turn away because I hate the man, somehow.

Pondering over him as I set out to leave, I feel sorry for him 
and go back and look in: he is still there.

Again I turn away hating the fellow. 
I think of him, again setting out, and begin to miss him.

Inside the well, the moon is bright, the clouds flow by, 
the sky spreads out, a light blue wind blows; 
autumn is there, and a man, like a memory.

Have an incredible week!

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment